Beacon Hill Fort Ghost Hunt – Harwich. Essex – 2021
22nd May 2021 - 8:00pm until 2:00am - Tickets £40 per person
Experience a night of ghost hunting at Beacon Hill Fort in Harwich, Essex with Ghost Hunt Events on 22nd May 2021, 8:00pm until 2:00am. Tickets £40 per person
History of Beacon Hill Fort
Beacon Hill Fort in Harwich, Essex was originally three blockhouses, constructed during the reign of Henry VIII, following his visit to the town in 1543.
The site was chosen for Harwich Barracks. These were built in 1803. They subsequently housed most of the Harwich army and militia camp during almost the whole French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars era, and a naval signal station.
In 1889 work began on a totally new fort, which was completed in 1892. The fort saw use in World War One, and was re-adapted in World War Two. The Beacon Hill site also from time to time housed anti-aircraft guns and torpedo tubes.
The fort was finally decommissioned in 1956.
Uncertainty still surrounds the death of Gregory Chung whose burnt and decomposing body was found at the Beacon Hill fort at Harwich in 2000. A murder inquiry was launched but the inquest heard it was probable Mr Chung, 23, set fire to himself.
Beacon Hill Fort, Harwich, Essex Ghost Hunt
Date: 22nd May 2021
Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Tickets: £40 per person - Deposit (£20) bookings available
What to Expect
Our team of experienced investigators will be on hand throughout the night so that you can participate in:-
- Séances (not allowed under Covid-19 regulations)
- Vigils (in the dark)
- EVP (Ghost Voice) Experiments
- Ouija boards / Glass Divination
- Automatic writing, Dowsing and Pendulums
- Table tilting & rapping
- Use of our ghost hunting equipment
and much more with our experienced Mediums & Paranormal Investigators.
Event will include:-
- Group size 6 people (legal Covid-19 requirement).
- Regular breaks
- No lengthy briefings or workshops
- Controlled sessions & 45mins - 1 hour with our Mediums
- Use of our ghost hunting equipment
- The number of groups depends on venue size.
- Free time for you to investigate / explore on your own
- Opportunity for lone vigils throughout the evening
- Complimentary tea and coffee available in the breaks
We can't guarantee spiritual or ghostly activity but we can guarantee that everything you experience will be 100% real.
Over 18s only - No accommodation provided - Unsuitable for guests with limited mobility
- Face coverings will be required during the event.
- We will provide hand sanitiser and ask all guests to use this frequently at the start and end of each session.
- Some ghost hunt activities may be restricted/prohibited due to social distancing.
- One way systems may be used at some venues.
- Maximum 6 people in a group.
Watch our edited highlights
View all our evidence from Beacon Hill Fort.
Location of Beacon Hill Fort
What Happens at the Event
Our events are always 100% investigation and vigil events, we won't waste time by taking you on a history tour of the venue.
We will not usually talk about the history of the building unless people ask us to do so.
We don't hold workshops or briefing on equipment usage. Any equipment that you will be using throughout the event will be explained at the start of each session by our team leaders.
For the first few hours (usually 1 hour per session) you will be in a group and you will spend time with our Mediums doing séances, where they will try to get the active spirit to move you in some way (this is not designed to scare you) and with our paranormal investigators doing experiments, table tilting, glass divination, Ouija boards, EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena a.k.a. ghost voice) experiments and other equipment experiments using the latest ghost hunting equipment.
After these controlled sessions you will have the opportunity to venture off on your own or in small groups to explore the venue or to hold lone vigils or re-visiting an activity that you enjoyed in our controlled sessions. In this part of the night you can use our ghost hunting equipment to do your own ghost hunt. You may take photos/videos with your own cameras throughout our ghost hunts. You may also use any of your own ghost hunting equipment during our controlled sessions.
#BeaconHillFort Ghost Hunt with Ghost Hunt Events | #ghosthuntevents #ghosthunt #harwich #essex