Shire Hall Courthouse Ghost Hunt – Dorchester. Dorset 2021
12th June 2021 - 8:00pm until 2:00am - Tickets £45 per person
Experience a night of ghost hunting at Shire Hall Courthouse in Dorchester, Dorset with Ghost Hunt Events on 12th June 2021, 8:00pm until 2:00am. Tickets £45 per person
History of the Shire Hall Courthouse
Shire Hall Historic Courthouse Museum in Dorchester, Dorset was Dorset's courthouse from 1797 until 1955. Through that time, it saw everything from the 1834 trial of the Tolpuddle Martyrs to the 1856 domestic abuse case that inspired Thomas Hardy to write 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles', to victims of mesmerism, child perpetrators and American GIs tried during the Second World War.
Discover the depths of the cold, dark cells, before ascending to the dock. Stand in the dock of the famous courtroom, where famous novelist and poet Thomas Hardy was a magistrate from 1884 until 1919.
See where the Tolpuddle Martyrs were held before being brought to trial, thereby sparking the Trade Union movement.
After ending its life as a court in 1955, Shire Hall was used as offices for West Dorset District Council (previously the Rural District Council).
Shire Hall Courthouse, Dorchester, Dorset Ghost Hunt
Date: 12th June 2021
Time: 8:00pm until 2:00am
Tickets: £45 per person - Deposit (£20) bookings available
What to Expect
Our team of experienced investigators will be on hand throughout the night so that you can participate in:-
- Séances (not allowed under Covid-19 regulations)
- Vigils (in the dark)
- EVP (Ghost Voice) Experiments
- Ouija boards / Glass Divination
- Automatic writing, Dowsing and Pendulums
- Table tilting & rapping
- Use of our ghost hunting equipment
and much more with our experienced Mediums & Paranormal Investigators.
Event will include:-
- Group size 6 people (legal Covid-19 requirement).
- Regular breaks
- No lengthy briefings or workshops
- Controlled sessions & 45mins - 1 hour with our Mediums
- Use of our ghost hunting equipment
- The number of groups depends on venue size.
- Free time for you to investigate / explore on your own
- Opportunity for lone vigils throughout the evening
- Complimentary tea and coffee available in the breaks
We can't guarantee spiritual or ghostly activity but we can guarantee that everything you experience will be 100% real.
Over 18s only - No accommodation provided - Unsuitable for guests with limited mobility
All requirements below will expire on 21st June 2021*
- Face coverings will be required during the event.
- We will provide hand sanitiser and ask all guests to use this frequently at the start and end of each session.
- Some ghost hunt activities may be restricted/prohibited due to social distancing.
- Maximum 6 people in a group.
* Subject to confirmation from UK Government
Location of Shire Hall Courthouse
What Happens at the Event
Our events are always 100% investigation and vigil events, we won't waste time by taking you on a history tour of the venue.
We will not usually talk about the history of the building unless people ask us to do so.
We don't hold workshops or briefing on equipment usage. Any equipment that you will be using throughout the event will be explained at the start of each session by our team leaders.
For the first few hours (usually 1 hour per session) you will be in a group and you will spend time with our Mediums doing séances, where they will try to get the active spirit to move you in some way (this is not designed to scare you) and with our paranormal investigators doing experiments, table tilting, glass divination, Ouija boards, EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena a.k.a. ghost voice) experiments and other equipment experiments using the latest ghost hunting equipment.
After these controlled sessions you will have the opportunity to venture off on your own or in small groups to explore the venue or to hold lone vigils or re-visiting an activity that you enjoyed in our controlled sessions. In this part of the night you can use our ghost hunting equipment to do your own ghost hunt. You may take photos/videos with your own cameras throughout our ghost hunts. You may also use any of your own ghost hunting equipment during our controlled sessions.
#ShireHallCourthouse Ghost Hunt with Ghost Hunt Events | #ghosthuntevents #ghosthunt #dorchester #dorset