Ghost Hunts for Under 18s

We are able to accommodate under 18s on some of our public ghost hunts and we'll be happy to arrange a private ghost hunt at many of our locations for birthdays and parties.


Ghost Hunting experiences for Under 18's (14 - 16 year olds)

Please contact us with your requirements and budget. The general cost is the same as our adult ghost hunts, but some of our locations we are able to start earlier.
The only locations which are not suitable are those that have a licensed bar.
Generally we the youngest age we would be able to accommodate is 14 years old, so long as an adult is present. Although we recommend age 16 as a sensible minimum.

Ghost Hunt Events also offers our outdoor venues as custom private group events where there is no age limit.
You can Request a private group booking from 4 - 12 people for many of our outdoor locations and you can select a date from the booking form.
The price is £15 per person.

Contact us today with your requirements:- info at ghosthuntevents.co.uk
Twitter:- twitter.com/ghosthuntevents
Facebook:- facebook.com/ghosthuntevents

Ghost Hunt Events will plan and run your private group ghost hunting experience and make it memorable for many years to come.

The Venues listed below are available to us for under 18's private ghost hunts. (All prices are a minimum guide price, the final cost will depend on a number of factors like; the number of people, the date, and whether food is required)

Explosion Museum

Private Hire Cost

£800

Maximum people allowed for this price 30

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Explosion Museum Investigation Reports
Information on Explosion Museum
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

Explosion Museum · Gosport, Hampshire

The Explosion Museum (Priddy's Hard), Gosport was originally bought in 1750 by the Board of Ordnance from Jane Priddy (hence Priddy's Hard) and others to construct the defences of Portsmouth Harbour and the Dockyard. The defences were completed in 1756. Soon afterwards the gunpowder stores were relocated from Portsmouth to Priddy's Hard for safety reasons and in 1771 a magazine, office and cooperage were constructed. Officer's houses and large gardens were added in 1777.

In 1805 the Grand Magazine on the site was used to store Gunpowder that was delivered to Priddy's Hard from Waltham Abbey. Gunpowder was transported from this Magazine to the Trafalgar Fleet via a Camber Dock, the Fleet included Nelson's Flagship HMS Victory.

In 1861 C Magazine was built and in 1879 the largest magazine, E Magazine was built. During the 1860s the fortifications were strengthened incorporating brick gateways, carponniers and or covered firing positions to cover the moats, Armstrong guns were fitted to the two demi-bastions.

The site was fully utilised during the Second World War and was last used for significant naval activity during the Falklands Conflict in 1982, the site remained active until 1988.

Twelve untimely deaths have happened at Priddy's Hard as a result of accidental explosions and in one case an "unnatural" gust of wind, rumoured to be the evil spirit of a convict labourer who died in the same spot.

Sightings of the unfortunate souls have been rumoured by former workers of the Royal Navy Armaments Depot over the years including security guards that have looked after the listed buildings.

Back to Top

Fort Borstal

Private Hire Cost

£650

Maximum people allowed for this price 20

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Fort Borstal Investigation Reports
Information on Fort Borstal
Photos at Fort Borstal
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

Fort Borstal · Rochester, Kent

Fort Borstal, Rochester, Kent was built as an afterthought from the 1859 Royal Commission on the Defence of the United Kingdom, by convict labour between 1875 and 1885, to hold the high ground southwest of Rochester, South East England.

During the First World War the fort was used as a stop off point for troops and stores travelling to France, as was Fort Amherst nearby, after this the fort was used by a T. A. unit, namely the 166 City of Rochester Battery Royal Artillery, for training. The fort was also occupied by a detachment of the Royal Marines from nearby Chatham.

In the Second World War four 4.5" anti-aircraft guns were installed above the front casemates, each gun was set into a permanent concrete emplacement. Ammunition was transported to the guns via a light railway. The fire control post was situated above the rear casemates, most of the casemates were used as magazines for the A.A guns ammunition. During this time many locals believed Fort Borstal was the home of a 'Big Bertha' Gun, this belief was due to the guns being electronically fired simultaneously giving off a massive boom and sounding like just one large gun being fired. The gunners were accommodated within the fort but other personnel stationed here were housed in a large hutted camp just outside the entrance where the NAAFI could be found.

After the war the fort fell under the Royal Artillery Care and Maintenance Unit. The fort was taken over by the Home Office in 1961 and into the care of the Borstal Institution where it was used as a pigsty and store.

Since the Fort has been under private ownership we are the only paranormal company to investigate this Fort.

Back to Top

Landguard Fort

Private Hire Cost

£750

Maximum people allowed for this price 20

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Landguard Fort Investigation Reports
Information on Landguard Fort
Photos at Landguard Fort
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

Landguard Fort · Felixstowe, Suffolk

Landguard Fort was built just outside Felixstowe, Suffolk, at the mouth of the River Orwell, Landguard Fort was designed to guard the entrance to Harwich. The first fortifications from 1540 were a few earthworks and blockhouse, but it was James I of England who ordered the construction of a square fort with bulwarks at each corner.

In 1667 the Dutch landed a force of 1500 men on Felixstowe beach and advanced on the fort, but were repulsed by a garrison of 400 musketeers of the Duke of York & Albany's Maritime Regiment (the first English Marines) and 100 artillerymen with 54 cannon. The fort was considered part of Essex in the 18th and 19th centuries; births and deaths within the garrison were recorded as 'Landguard Fort, Essex'.

A new Fort battery was built in 1717, and a complete new fort on an adjoining site was started in 1745 to a pentagonal bastioned trace. New batteries were built in the 1750s and 1780, but the biggest change was in the 1870s where the interior barracks were rebuilt to a keep-like design, the river frontage was rebuilt with a new casemated battery covered by a very unusual caponier with a quarter sphere bomb proof nose. Several open bastions were enclosed, and a mock ravelin block constructed to house a submarine mining contingent.

During the Second World War, it was used as one of the balloon launch sites of Operation Outward. This was a project to attack Germany by means of free-flying hydrogen balloons that carried incendiary devices or trailing steel wires (intended to damage power lines.)

The 10inch gun pit in Left Battery was converted into a Anti-aircraft Operations Room for Harwich in 1939. Visitors as well as local people, have their own experiences of paranormal activity in or around the Fort. The most common being the image of a sailor looking out of the top right window (the side visible from the road). Most reportings were in the 1990s, but occasionally there are still reports of lights at night and being "pushed" whilst visiting the top floors.

Back to Top

Sandford Mill

Private Hire Cost

£800

Maximum people allowed for this price 20

Scare Factor:
scare factorscare factorscare factorscare factor

Read previous customer Feedback/Testimonials
Read our Sandford Mill Investigation Reports
Information on Sandford Mill
Click to watch previous ghost hunt videos (Opens in a new window)

Sandford Mill · Chelmsford, Essex

Sandford Mill, Chelmsford, Essex was originally a corn mill. The Mill building was constructed of timber and the mill stream ran underneath the centre of the building. The mill stream drove a large water wheel which provided the power for the mill. In 1880 a steam engine was installed to give additional power. Coal for the boiler came from Newcastle and was transported from Heybridge Basin to Sandford Mill by horse drawn barges.

In 1923 Chelmsford Corporation acquired the site for the new Borough Waterworks, construction began in 1926 and milling ceased. The corn mill was demolished but the two cottages which were built in 1905 were retained and are the only surviving part of the original mill. The new waterworks started operating in March 1929 although it was not officially opened until July 1930. The waterworks became redundant in 1984. All the buildings on site are now used by Chelmsford Museum.

Many of the children evacuees from London lived in the cottages surrounding the water works during the Second World War

Back to Top

Share |